Thursday, December 15, 2011

Reading too much into it?

So, it's been a week and my mother has still not spoken to me or emailed me. I'm fine with that for me but it upsets me that she can just write John off that easily. By now I should expect it from her but it is so outside the realm of "normal" human behavior that it still catches me off guard sometimes. So I've been coming to terms with the fact that I may never speak to my mother again and then she sends me two emails today with pictures of my father when he was a little boy. No words, just photos. As if everything were fine between us and she's just casually sending family photos. Is this weird? Because it strikes me as odd. No contact for a week because she is so angry with me and then an email with childhood pictures of my father. Russ thinks she's trying to get to me by using my father against me like she always has but I wonder if she's just so far out of touch with reality that she doesn't even realize how badly things between us have deteriorated. Either explanation is just plain sad.  Counting the days until our move.

No comments:

Post a Comment